College Hoops Simulation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recruiting

+2
Royce R
Mickey D.
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Recruiting - Page 2 Empty Re: Recruiting

Post  Mickey D. Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:57 pm

You're right Tyler...my mistake. That's what I get for trying to do too many things at once.
Mickey D.
Mickey D.
Admin

https://collegehoopsleague.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Royce R Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:52 am

So are we gonna allow redshirts?

Also do players gradually get better as they get older?
Royce R
Royce R
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickey D. Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:12 pm

Royce R wrote:So are we gonna allow redshirts?

Also do players gradually get better as they get older?
1. Redshirts - probably not in the first year as this will be a dry run, but it'll be something I look into as next year begins. If a guy gets injured before a third of the season is over, then they can become red-shirted as they get injured but just naming a guy redshirt, not for this first year, but I'll put it on my list for discussion heading into next season.

2. Of course players get better gradually, the growth of the player depends on chance, but if they're rated higher, they are more likely to improve by a lot quickly.
Mickey D.
Mickey D.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  redsoxfan3121 Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:34 pm

Mickey D. wrote:Well...main strategy going into this thing was build a ridiculously strong starting 5 to build around this year and for many to come and did a good job of staggering my signing days up until this point. I can't wait to get my revenge when I come to Hartland day 1. Now...to just fill out a respectable rest of my team.

haha bring it on Mickey, maybe you have the better starting 5, but dont get me wrong, I carefully picked some good lower ranked guys. And hows Darel Clancy lookin in blue and red? pulled him over to hartland on the last day!
redsoxfan3121
redsoxfan3121

Back to top Go down

Post  Royce R Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:04 pm

72 Christano Faye - pg - 7.0
83 Filip Braswell - pg - 7.1
78 Cantrell Higgins - sg - 7.1
182 Ronald Clancy - sg - 7.2
187 Stewart Potter - sg - 7.1
53 Maynard Diener - sf - 7.0
26 Rylan Barley - sf - 7.5
24 Eric Fraser - pf - 7.7
5 Britton Paschel - pf - 7.8
4 Steveroy Hargett - pf - 7.6
47 Chen Thomson - pf - 7.2
23 Bracey Fox - c - 7.4
29 Drake Bethel - c - 7.5
103 Joaquim Cooper - c - 7.1

I don't know how good I'll be but I got some pretty good players. 14 players deep. Its hard to recruit when you have no idea how the sim will work. But I still think I have a solid team ready to roll.
Royce R
Royce R
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickey D. Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:12 pm

You certainly have a really deep team Royce and that certainly helps you out. It's really hard to explain how the sim is going to work right off the top of my head...but maybe do you have any specific questions about it. It takes into account all of the players' abilities as those numbers that you recruited them to your team for. If you want to know what you guys have to do as far as a depth chart sort of thing would be to send in your starting lineups and target minutes for all of your players (along with other things like what defense you want to play and how fast or slow you would like the tempo to be). I'm trying to add a play by play feature to the sim, but that will probably not be available until at least the 2nd season.
Mickey D.
Mickey D.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickey D. Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:42 pm

As for you redsoxfan, just be real scared when the black and purple come rolling into town.
Mickey D.
Mickey D.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royce R Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Mickey D. wrote:You certainly have a really deep team Royce and that certainly helps you out. It's really hard to explain how the sim is going to work right off the top of my head...but maybe do you have any specific questions about it. It takes into account all of the players' abilities as those numbers that you recruited them to your team for. If you want to know what you guys have to do as far as a depth chart sort of thing would be to send in your starting lineups and target minutes for all of your players (along with other things like what defense you want to play and how fast or slow you would like the tempo to be). I'm trying to add a play by play feature to the sim, but that will probably not be available until at least the 2nd season.

awesome. Well thank you. you can also switch players positions?

Can you say have a player play so many minutes at 1 position and different minutes at another position
Royce R
Royce R
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickey D. Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Royce R wrote:
Mickey D. wrote:You certainly have a really deep team Royce and that certainly helps you out. It's really hard to explain how the sim is going to work right off the top of my head...but maybe do you have any specific questions about it. It takes into account all of the players' abilities as those numbers that you recruited them to your team for. If you want to know what you guys have to do as far as a depth chart sort of thing would be to send in your starting lineups and target minutes for all of your players (along with other things like what defense you want to play and how fast or slow you would like the tempo to be). I'm trying to add a play by play feature to the sim, but that will probably not be available until at least the 2nd season.

awesome. Well thank you. you can also switch players positions?

Can you say have a player play so many minutes at 1 position and different minutes at another position
Of course you can have players play at any position. The position listed is just one that the sim software thinks they should play based solely on their size and NO amount of skill.

Yup...in fact the position that you want the guy to play at should be added into any depth charts (starting lineup sheets, whatever the heck you wanna call them). I'll get more in detail with what I'm looking for once recruiting is done. Not sure how much longer it is gonna take, but we are getting close. I'm just as interested as you are to see how my software works out in its first big test run.
Mickey D.
Mickey D.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Royce R Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:30 pm

#163 SG Dennard Rios

i put 10 points on him. did bloomington also or did you get them mixed up?
Royce R
Royce R
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickey D. Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Darn...I gotta quit making these stupid mistakes here. Both of you put 10 on him, I just happened to put your 10 on #117 instead. My fault, should be fixed now.
Mickey D.
Mickey D.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mickey D. Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Despite getting caught in a few long and lengthy battles, I like the way my team is shaping out as a solid team this year, and a very strong base for down the road.

#3 SG Jessie Lynch - 8.3
#9 SG Tremmell Al-Sayyad - 8.0
#22 C Antwan Rushing - 7.4
#59 SG Tim Petersen - 7.6
#151 C Anthony Sakalys - 6.9
#183 PG Boris Agudio - 6.7
#195 PF Jimmie Appleby - 6.5
#200 PF O'Neal Riley - 6.7
#204 PF Drake Mascoll - 6.7
#209 SF Kennedy Day - 6.7
#211 SG P.J. Radziejewski - 6.8
#217 SG Friedrich Huffman - 6.7

Not as deep as Royce's team, but I'm relying a lot on star power here to carry me far. Lynch and Al-Sayyad had the highest overall ratings and were relatively close to home, so I couldn't resist long battles for them. Would've loved to pick up Clancy to round out a more than solid starting 5, but the big bodied Sakalys will have to step up and be my starting C this season. Love the addition of Petersen, as I think he has a high overall rating for being ranked in the late 50s and can probably play the starting PG for me. It should be interesting here to see how this team gels over time, hopefully they can lead me to victory!
Mickey D.
Mickey D.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TylerW Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:24 am

I think my team will be the worst of the "human" controlled teams.
TylerW
TylerW

Back to top Go down

Post  Onyxgem Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:25 pm

#2 - Logan Zuzak - C - 6-10 - 229 -7.3 overall
#12 - Kabir Rickert - SF - 6-5 - 195 - 7.5 overall
#31 - D.C Richard - SG - 6-3 - 200 - 7.2 overall
#102 - Trace Lemons - C - 6-10 - 229 - 6.3 overall
#156 - Olu Atchinson - PG - 5-11 - 178 - 6.9 overall
#167 - Erik Lewis - SF - 6-6 - 213 - 7.0 overall
#54 - Marcello Parkinson - PG - 5-11 - 175 - 7.4 overall
#97 Tarick Long - PF - 6-9 - 237 - 6.8 overall
#113 Craig Borders - PF - 6-8 264 - 6.8 overall

Here is how my team was looking, not sure what to expect with the sim and didn't mainly look at the over all grade as more indepth grades....overall no great players but several solid - good players on this team. won't be a team that if one guy gets shut down we will struggle to win since it will be a team effort.

Onyxgem
Onyxgem

Back to top Go down

Post  redsoxfan3121 Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:18 pm

Yea you guys better watch out for Hartland's depth, they dont have a true stud but they are very deep....
Rank Pos Name Overall
#117 PG Williard Boyette 7.1
#18 SG Nate Hutchinson 7.5
#13 SF Booker Hendrix 7.5
#38 PF Bruce Surratt 7
#19 C Darrel Clancy 7.5
#42 PF Vinnie Skivolocke 6.9
#58 SG Devon Welch 7.3
#74 SF Francis Blankson 6.8
#119 PG Cardell Bass 6.8
#136 C Dillon Goff 7.1
#206 C Orlando Bragg 6.4
#63 SG Jeff Gastel 7.4
#128 PF JD Hoskins 6.7
#180 SG Homer Grady 7.1
#159 SF Zabian Arlene 6.9

redsoxfan3121
redsoxfan3121

Back to top Go down

Post  dale358z Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:19 pm

TylerW wrote:I think my team will be the worst of the "human" controlled teams.

I think Syracuse disagrees. I wouldn't be surprised if i lost every game.

Last edited by dale358z on Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
dale358z
dale358z

Back to top Go down

Post  Royce R Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:06 pm

Onyxgem wrote:
Here is how my team was looking, not sure what to expect with the sim and didn't mainly look at the over all grade as more indepth grades....overall no great players but several solid - good players on this team. won't be a team that if one guy gets shut down we will struggle to win since it will be a team effort.

Agreed. I made a list of what I wanted at certain positions before I even looked at overall. But I must have been looking at something the sim does because they all ended up over 7.0.

I actually took the time to open two windows and compare each player to each other to rank each position. But anyway its gonna be a weird season as none of us no what to expect.
Royce R
Royce R
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum